Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts
AND, YES!!! They are Gluten Free! I wanted a grab & go treat for busy mornings that was softer than a granola bar yet denser than bread. I couldn’t find one that I loved anywhere so I crafted my own. First attempt. Nailed it! (At least I think so anyway)
- 2 cups quick cook oats – certified gluten free
- 1 cup gluten free multi purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped small
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon or dessert spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mineral salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup pureed apple
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract – or scrape seeds from 1 bean
- 2 large bananas, smashed
- dab of butter for pans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat two bread pans with real butter.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, gluten free flour, chocolate chips, walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. In a separate large bowl, combine the milk, apple puree, banana puree, egg, maple syrup, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir to combine. The batter will stiff but moist.
- Spread batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until thickened and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into bars, and serve.
Makes 10 bars or 20 squares for tiny hands.
WANT TO LEARN HOW TO TIE THESE RECIPES
IN WITH A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE?
CHECK OUT KRISTEN’S “LIFE REBOOT PROGRAM”.
Begins September 9th.
Grab the Early Bird price by signing up today.
Call it dessert by spreading some chocolate on top 😉